Before we dive into why you should attend Global Food Tourism Conference (GFTC), let me tell you what it is.
GFTC is the world’s leading food and culinary tourism conference, GFTC will leave you and your team energized with actionable take-aways to help take your Food Tourism businesses, ventures and concepts to greater heights.
GFTC is the definitive industry event; hundreds of attendees turn to GFTC for big ideas, tactical content, and to connect with leaders from the world’s most influential and innovative companies. Keynote speakers, industry based sessions and panelist discussions will cover valuable topics to all professionals in the Food Tourism Industry including: marketing, branding, communications, business operations, professional development and more.
Now for the “why you should attend” part.
1. You’ll leave with practical and actionable takeaway that will help you get better results in your business when you get back to your city. You’ll have learnings from all areas of business such as marketing, financials, leadership, and innovation.
2. The conference is put on by Food Tourism professionals, for Food Tourism professionals. It’s a conference that WE would love to attend, and we know you will too. Through years of attending conferences in a variety of professions, we’ve taken note of the things we love, or the ways we were impressed by conference speakers, scheduling, networking opportunities and social events. With this ammo-packed and 3 years of conferences under our belt, we feel confident that you’ll love what GFTC is about.
3. There will be two days of impactful learnings from industry experts and out of industry brands that will show you how to change your business for the better over the next 6-12 months.
4. Just for GFTC attendees we will be hosting pre-conference activities that allow you the opportunity to explore Austin. These start as early as Friday October 12th and will help keep Austin weird and you entertained.
5. Take time to work ON the business, not IN the business. With roundtables and workshops you will have the incredible opportunity to ask the hard questions and get into the nitty gritty of your business. Take a step back and look at the big picture, it will help you in the long term.
6. Marketing and sales are always top of mind. Come away with new ideas on how to increase the success of your sales campaigns and conversion rates.
7. Attend the Official Awards Ceremony (and maybe even win big) as we end the conference with a celebration of the industry and put the spotlight on businesses that have excelled over the last year. It’s one of the best parties of the year. Don’t even get us started about the after-party.
8. Eat Austin. Every year we partner with a local food tour company that acts as our city liaison. This is our local food expert that helps us coordinate the food options for the conference. You know that means we get the best possible food in the area. As an attendee you also get to do a private food tour of Austin on the conference City Host Experience. After spending all day taking notes and absorbing knowledge, explore Austin with your Food Tourism peers and enjoy this North American Food Mecca.
9. Are you a member of the Global Food Tourism Association? That’s ok if you’re not! If you register for the 2018 Global Food Tourism Conference, you get a FREE 1-year business membership to GFTA. That’s a $399 value. GFTA expands upon the professional development opportunities that GFTC offers by giving members 6+ webinars per year, peer-to-peer knowledge sharing in the shape of forums, and resources to help your business grow and succeed all year round.
10. It’s fun. It’s really that simple. Not only will it be education, but you’re going to have a damn good time. We WILL help keep Austin weird.
If you Purchase Early Bird Registration, you’ll receive the $999 ticket for Non-Member Conference Registration for $799. GFTA Non-Members that register for GFTC will also receive a 1-year GFTA Business Membership with unlimited employee access ($399 value)
GFTA Member? Contact Jennifer to receive your discount code for Early Bird Registration.